Friday, February 10, 2012

Classroom Valentines

Well, I only pinned 44,000 school Valentine card ideas on my Valentine board on Pinterest...  too bad I didn't use any of them (unless I did subconsciously-- I should go check)!  This year, a chocolate candy bar is the Valentine card!  (Just trying to be practical, you know!)


Pin It

I used the 1.55 oz full-size Hershey's Chocolate bars.  All papers were adhered with ATG tape.

I used regular 24 pound printer paper because it is more flexible than cardstock... and it doesn't need to be acid-free since seven-year-olds will be ripping the wrappers off!  I trimmed the white paper to 5-1/2" x 6" and edge-punched the short edges. 



I used scrapbooking paper (again, I like the lighter weight for wrapping) for the pink, second wrap.  These were trimmed to 4-1/2" x 5-1/2".  I edge punched the long edges.



My decorations for the tops:
  • The scalloped circles and shadows were cut from Mini Monograms on the Expression (page 129) at 1-3/4".
  • The banner was cut on the Imagine from Enjoy the Seasons (layer on page 6) at 1.3 true size. Text was hand-written on the banner.
  • The heart was cut on the Imagine from Enjoy the Seasons (layer on page 7) at 1.5 relative size.

Anyone else craving chocolate now?


My daughter goes to a Christian school, so the backs displayed a sticker I printed with a Bible verse that I love:

Fill us at day break with your love,
that all our days we may sing for joy. 
Psalm 90:14

The idea of using a Bible verse on the Valentines came from one of my favorite blogs, Catholic Icing.  It is a cute site featuring lots of ideas for kids!

Thank you for checking my post.  You can see all of my papercraft projects by clicking My Project Gallery at the top of my blog, or by clicking here

Hope your Valentine crafting is keeping you smiling
and feeling the love! 

7 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

Yes, I am craving chocolate now!

This is a wonderful gift and perfect for a classroom full of 7 year olds.
Thanks for all of the helpful hints as to paper weight and punching!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Nadia these are just awesome, and yes I am definitely craving some chocolate right about now... Lol... And I love how u put the Bible verse on the back of them..

Carolyn/MamaC said...

Another fabulous candy bar cover! I still have the one you made for our Circle Meet Up! The cover is on my cork board! However...the candy bar disappeared long ago! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

AllisonF (Goody Bag Diva) said...

I don't know anyone could decide on all those Valentines on pinterest - too many choices! these are just right!

pooky said...

Love the wrappers!!! I must check into that bubble punch you used. Love it!

Diane Hodrick said...

They turned out super cute. Thanks for the tip about paper vs. card stock. I will have to remember this one!

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Very cool and practical indeed! Love the punchers.

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!