Sunday, November 22, 2015

ITH Hand Sanitizer Case for PocketBacs

It's that time of year when we have to come up with lots of inexpensive gifts for gift exchanges.  We usually try to find our best deals on Black Friday but, this time, all the stores are doing early sales. For a ballet class gift to exchange that my daughter needed, we found a clearance dance bag at Claire's.  We needed to add something to it to make it a $10 gift so we picked up a sale PocketBac hand sanitizer at Bath & Body Works and I made a case with my embroidery machine, a simple Brother PE770.  


The case itself is a file from Bows and Clothes.  Using Embrilliance software, I added a file from Embroidery Boutique for the mini ballet shoes. I added it after the first step in the hoop.  


I had vinyl that looked like sequins in my stash.  The file required that the fabric used be something that does not fray so vinyl is perfect.  A PDF with directions is included in the embroidery file.  Once all the stitching is done, you have to cut the tear-away along the stitching so that the case opens!  I will admit that that part threw me for a second! I was very glad I had used black tearaway and black bobbin thread.  All the tearaway must be removed from all the stitching, but it is surprisingly fast and easy to do!


I used a Kam snap to complete the case.  This is a project where having a hand-held snap-setter is required.  The space is too tight for a snap press to work.  I used hardware from Mikri to allow it to be attached to the dance bag.

Links shared in this post:

  • Case for Bath & Body Works hand santizer.  This is made entirely in the hoop on an embroidery machine:  click here.
  • Bath & Body Works PocketBac hand sanitizer:  click here.  
  • Mini ballet shoe filled design: click here.
  • Swivel lobster clasp:  click here.
  • Embrilliance software:  click here.
Thank you for checking my post today.  For a gallery of my embroidery projects, links to my supplies, and videos I used to learn to do machine embroidery, check out my Machine Embroidery page on this blog, or click here.  A gallery of my paper projects can be found in the Paper Project Gallery page, or click here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog. Do you mind sharing the type of snap setter you used for this project?

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

Amie, I used a Kam snap setter. I bought the wooden block for it from a seller on Etsy.

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!