Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Simple card: Happy Pregnancy



Another simple card -- this one is for a friend who is pregnant with her first child!  

  • I sized this card to fit in a manufactured envelope; it finished at 4-1/4" x 6".  The green mat was 3-3/4" x 5-1/2".  
  • The pink border was cut from Paper Trimmings (page 28) at 3/4".  I trimmed it down to 5-1/4 in length.  I laced it with a 3/16" strip of paper and added pearls.
  • The figure was cut from New Arrival (page 82) at 4".   Her top was embossed.  Her hair was added with ink and a sponge applicator.  I used a Micron pen for small details on the head.  Her hat and body were lightly inked.  She is popped up 3/8".
  • The hearts were cut with a punch.



Thank you for checking my project today!  Many of my previous projects can be found at My Project Gallery (or click here).

11 comments:

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

Such a sweet card, Nadia! I love the colors and the added pearls are a nice touch. Love the details in the face too - very clever!

Loving My Crafts said...

What a lovely idea, this is really sweet Nadia, love it!

Karon said...

Nadia that is such a wonderful card. Love the little details. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Audrey Frelx said...

Nadia, I love your card -- so pretty!

L.B. said...

Super sweet card. Love the colors.

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What a sweet, sweet card. I especially love the inking on her face - adorable!

cdm317 said...

That is a beautiful card.I love her face, it has very sweet features.

Stephanie Dang said...

Nadia, this is adorable!!! I love your color choices- they are so vibrant!! And your bit of details are perfect touches!! :)

-Stephanie
http://www.paperandi.blogspot.com

Annette said...

O she is going to love it! So sweet!
Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Sis Patterson said...

Such a happy card for such a happy occasion! Love how you grounded the design with the background strip. The shoes, hat, and purse are all so stylish and fun. Love her darling face and all of the wonderful details!

Francine said...

Really cute card Nadia! Love the colors and all the details!

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!