Friday, August 17, 2012

Get Better at Record Pace



I wanted to share a simple card I made for the daughter of a fellow crafter.  This is for a girl who is my daughter's age who broke her arm while roller-blading-- YIKES!

All cuts were made on my Expression machine.  The figure was cut at 5-1/2" from All Sports.  I cut two so that I would have an extra leg to pop up 1/8".  I wanted her to wear the kinds of shorts my daughter likes to run in; they are form-fitting spandex on the bottom with a loose-fitting, mesh fabric over the top.  I used a rubber stamp to create the mesh design and hand-cut the over-shorts.



I used ink and a microfine pen to add shading and details.  I hand-cut a little ear and some extra locks of hair.  I cut a strip of pale lavender paper to create a cast.



I added white paint to the top edges of her head and ponytail to help pull it away from the black text behind her.



The "Get Better" text is from Wild Card, cut at 9-1/4".  The "Record Pace" text is from All Sports, cut at 6" (fit-to-length 5").  The "@" symbol was cut from Wild Card at 2".  I popped up "Get Better" 1/8".  The figure is popped up over the text at 3/8".  All other elements were adhered flush to the paper.



The inside sentiment was printed on my computer using Microsoft Leelawadee at 20 point.



The card finished at 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and fit into a 6"x9" padded envelope for mailing.



Thank you for checking my blog post today!  You can find many of my previous paper projects in My Project Gallery.

12 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Nadia, what a really great card!!! Your DD's friend will love this!

Hugs, my friend!

Gina piazza said...

Nadia..
What a super fun card, as always, you amaze me!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh she will love this card.. so good to see you posting, i haven't seen you post in awhile... Awesome card as always.

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Great card. She will love it.

Loving My Crafts said...

You are so clever, this is an amazing card!

Sis Patterson said...

Wonderful and so memorable! It has such great dimension and it is so much fun!


This will definitely be "happy mail"!

Running Turtle said...

I LOVE THE CARD!!! I love all your creative projects!!! Thanks for sharing, and that card will cheer anyone up in record time!!! Perhaps I need that cartridge now...
Tina B

Gramjak said...

Nadia -- what a super beautiful and awesome card! Great tie-in with the Olympics, too. Love the purple cast (she will, too!)

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

You are such an awesome paper crafter! A master at creating dimension! What a sweet card!

Scrap N Grow said...

Beautiful card! I am certain that the card will be appreciated by the recipient. I love the added dimension that you always include in your projects. Have a great day!

Michelle
www.scrapngrow.com

Got2BCrafting said...

Wow... you have amazed me again Nadia! This card is fabulous!! I know she is going to love it. :)
Hugs,
Lori

cdm317 said...

OMG, I love the cast! I know she is going to love this card!

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!