Saturday, March 26, 2011

Just Because Challenge

I am loving the coordinated patterns on Imagine More!  How easy it was to quickly make this card, saving the time I usually spend choosing papers!  This is my entry for Weekly Challenge #26:  Just Because Challenge. The requirements were so broad, simply to make a 'just because' card, that I thought it was a great time to try more ideas on my new Imagine.

I started with a black and white picture of my daughter and her little friends -- another mom posted this on Facebook and I grabbed it right up!  I love how natural they look, elegant and happy!


I used a frame from Live Simply, cut at 6.2".  I embossed a couple layers of the frame and popped them up.  I adhered my picture (after chomping the corners) with popdots.  The flowers are all from George, cut at 1" and embellished with adhesive pearls.  'Hi' is from Sentimentals, cut with a shadow, at 1.5".  It is popped up with stacked popdots to compete with the height of the dimensional flowers.

I used my ATG gun to adhere the frame to a white cardstock card.  I cut it smaller than the frame so as not to show from the front.
This was a super quick card that was made so easy by using the coordinated patterns and solids on Imagine More!  All the papers were printed from that cartridge!
Happy crafting!!

6 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

It's so pretty!

L.B. said...

This card is just so pretty. I love the colors and the simple "Hi"

Kristen Swain said...

what a beautiful card!!! LOVE this!! thanks for playing along this week!

A splash here and there said...

Very beautiful card! You've given me hope in trying my Imagine again - it's collecting dust at the moment ;).

Melody

IRW Dana said...

I found your blog from the Circle forum. Love the frame. papermemories4u @ yahoo .com

Missie said...

super cute! Thanks for sharing

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!