Sunday, December 9, 2012

Journal Your Christmas - Dec 8

I am continuing on my December Journal but because this weekend has so many things going on (events I actually want to document), I have decided to step away from Shimelle's prompts and focuses for a few days.  (Although I have been reading them and archiving them for future!)


December 8th started off with a little time with just me and my sweet Piper.  She told me a funny thing she imagined with the nativity scene.  I grabbed my camera and took a picture as she described her Nativity Play and how all the ornaments wanted to audition for the role of the Virgin Mary.  Then she picked up a frog dressed like a little man, in a suit with a vest, and told me he was the director.

The page and frame were die cut.  I traced the photo and hand-cut it to fit.  

Later in the day, we carted her off to her grandparents' house, dolls in tow, to spend the night while my husband and I took care of a company banquet.

I usually have some sort of job involving a camera at these events and was so glad I did as a promoter played a practical joke on my husband.  Honestly, it was a lot of fun and everyone was in great spirits.

I created mini Polaroid look-alikes for this page.  The "oh my" text and date medallion were die cuts.
I really enjoyed doing these pages and they served as a fun little escape from the work of the day.  Thank you for checking out my blog post today.  As you can see, I haven't quite figured out how often I want to blog this journal, sometimes doing so every couple of days or more... or less!  I have been crafting them every morning religiously before I officially start my day and wake the household!  I may have a hard time ending....

10 comments:

Sis Patterson said...

I love this - I have heard of big shoes to fill, I guess this is big briefs to fill.

Your Darling Piper and her nativity scene with the frog director is priceless!

Cheers to you and the joy you bring us with your December Daily. (Mine is still rattling around in my head)

L.B. said...

Love that you found a way to use our events. Your pages look great. Love the frame on the first page.

Life and Knits said...

Great blog journal post today. Thanks for sharing!

Susie

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

More beautiful pages filled with beautiful memories ♥ But, I have to say...those are some mighty big drawers...lol!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Love your pages and your stories. I'm so glad I joined in and making a December Daily. I agree that it might be hard to end at the end of the month. That's why we need to start Project Life January 1st. LOL.

Caroline said...

This is fabulous love the page layout, gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Hrvatica said...

Terrific pages. Love the story of Piper and her nativity scene with her actresses and a frog director.

Sara Andrews said...

Piper is just too cute. I'm glad you were able to get her nativity scene photographed.

MelodyR aka Ry&MysMom said...

wonderful pages and awesome pics to capture those moments.

cdm317 said...

Great pages! I love the stories and pictures! Your paper choices and designs are perfect!

But wait! There's more! Click 'older posts' above!

But wait!  There's more!  Click 'older posts' above!